Organizing your applications is a very difficult process. Here are some of the following things one has to keep track of for each application -
1. Sending GRE scores to shortlisted universities on time.
2. Sending English Language scores (IELTS or TOEFL) to shortlisted universities on time.
3. GRE Cutoff for a particular program.
4. (Section-wise) TOEFL and IELTS cutoff for a particular program.
5. Keeping track of the status of your LoR from 3 different people.
6. Different application deadlines.
7. Noting down information about your favourite programs.
8. Courses offered by the department.
9. Professors you want to work with.
10. Research papers and research groups you want to talk about in your SoP.
11. List of professors you have contacted.
My experience of applying consecutively for two years has shown that carefully noting down small details about a university or a program and effectively transferring them into your Statement of Purpose (SoP) can lead to great results. Notion has been a game-changer in helping me achieve this.
An all-in-one Notion template for managing your graduate school applications